I'm getting used to that sashing now and I have to agree with all the comments you left on Wednesday, the sashing really makes those lilies pop. I'm very happy with how this top is looking, and in the back of my mind, I sort of figured that's the way things would go.
Another plus, the assembly is coming together perfectly. I just love it when that happens, no fudging, no stretching, no missing points.
I've gotten a few questions about my 6 inch pineapple blocks.
First off, I'm going with creams and whites for my lights.
Regarding the foundation paper patterns - I printed off my original block using that EQ7 software. I don't know much about that software, but there is a library of blocks one can access so I just selected my pineapple block and my size then printed the block using the foundation printing option.
For some reason the sewing lines did not extend past the 6 inch block line on the block, so I extended the lines using a ruler and a black marker. I have no idea if I did something wrong when selecting my print options or if this is just how the software works, I just knew that I needed to extend those sections of the block so I would have enough fabric to square up the block and also have a 1/4 seam allowance.
I also circled all the section numbers with a red marker where I was to use red fabric. I confuse easily, anything to keep me on track is usually time well spent.
Once I was done adjusting my master foundation block I just ran copies using Carol Doak's Foundation Paper. It's a wonderful product and available in most quilt shops. The Fat Quarter Shop also carries it. (click here)
I've not touched those pineapple blocks since I got home from Paducah, I hope to get back to them soon.