So here's what block one, The Tulip Block, looks like in the pattern book, Country Inn, by Blackbird Designs.
The designer chose the original Rouenneries by French General gray medallion print for the background.
I'm also using French General, but I'm going with the lighter medallion print from Maison De Noel.
For the applique pieces, I'll be going with French General, but probably sticking mainly with the Maison de Garance family, I seem to be going through a red and brown phase right now.
So here's the only flower that bloomed in January at my house,
Block One, all done!!
One of my pet peeves on other folks blogs, is when they show a perfectly lovely quilt, or block, then point out a mistake they made, something that I would have never noticed on my own, why point it out for the world to see?
Well I'm about to do the same,
here's a close-up of the bottom of my flower bloom, and it's a mess.......
the left hand side doesn't match the right hand side, the right hand side is too low or too something, and the base of that flower petal in the middle, oh my, how wonky is that!
The reason I'm showing you my poor needlework is to show you how much better it looked with a little more time and attention.
So my very first hand applique block is all done, and I've already started on block two!
Tomorrow is the Eventide Sew Along Update Post, if you have any updates for me to add to my post, send me an email, thanks! I started piecing the large quarter square triangle blocks, it took several tries, but I think I finally like what I've got. I'll share the pictures tomorrow.