I was going through my blog, reviewing what I had accomplished this year, and realized I failed to blog about three finishes!
First up is is Lo-Lo, a sample I made for market. This quilt is deceivingly easy to piece. If you like making half square triangle units (which I do, I make them big then trim them to size), then you'll enjoy working on this quilt. The print fabric is a layer cake of Kate Spain Aria for Moda, the dark background fabric is a Pure and Natural woven called Charcoal also by Moda.
This is Lifetime Quilt Number 165
The pattern is Lo-Lo by Miss Rosie's Quilt Co and currently available here
It finished at 62" x 73"
It has approximately 459 pieces
I also pieced this sample, Glad Tidings. The fabric is Miss Scarlet by Minick and Simpson for Moda. The fabric should be available March of 2016. The fabric does all the work for this top. It looks very pretty in person, very festive. The floral border fabric has a pinstripe background that adds a lot to the look. The pattern is available now, paper or pdf, and currently 30% off with the code "count" from Minick and Simpson. click here
This is Lifetime Quilt Number 166
The pattern is Glad Tidings by Minick and Simpson
It finished at 52" x 52"
It has approximately 184 pieces.
The first two quilts, Lo-Lo and Glad Tidings, I didn't blog about when I finished them because they were to be introduced at market, not by my blog, lol. Then market came and went and I forgot all about them! The next top I didn't blog about because it was such a huge disappointment that I wanted to forget about it. But I need to stay true to my list. Most of my quilts are good, some are really good, but every now and then I come up with a stinker! Which is what I should probably name this quilt.
It got off to a great start, I bought one layer cake and two charm packs of Primitive Muslin by Primitive Gatherings for Moda. I loved the rich colors but it was the feel of the fabric that really got my attention.
I figured I could easily whip up a soft and warm quilt for Mr. Cupcake using these precuts. And I guess technically I did, it was easy, it's soft, and if it were quilted it would probably be warm, but that doesn't change the fact that it's ugly! It's so hard to make quilts for guys, I thought I had come up with a great plan. The look on my husband's face when I showed it to him pretty much summed up my opinion of the top too. I'll give myself points for efficiently using the fabric, but the colors just don't all go together so good, maybe just using two of the colors would make for a more pleasing top. I've decided to turn this one ugly top into two ugly tops, get them quilted, then use them as covers for Cooper's bed.
This is Lifetime Quilt Number 164
Currently named One Ugly Quilt
It finished at 63" x 81"
It has approximately 126 pieces.
I came up with a name for my Christmas word quilt, Spelling the Spirit of Christmas! Last I checked I've answered all the questions in the comments section.
Next up, I'll review 2015, I had a wonderful year, even with that one ugly quilt thrown in, then it's on to my 2016 goals. Hope you'll stop back by!