Thanks for all the help with my camera decision,
After him hawing around for 6 months, this is what finally motivated me to take action......
This is a picture of Cooper while on a play date with Lucky. Look to the right...yep, that's Cooper!! This is pretty much what all the action shots looked like....random dog parts. My camera is just too slow to get those dogs in action. As a matter of fact, most of my Cooper pictures are 2 seconds away from being a great picture and instead are just OK pictures.
I think I've mentioned how a wonderful family with a 4 year old setter lives near me, and just in the last month we've been getting the dogs together for some exercise in their 3 acre fenced in backyard.
Look at that long green play area for the dogs....here the dogs were kind enough to stand still for 5 seconds so I could get a decent picture of them, with all their body parts, in one shot.
This is how I know it's time to go home, Cooper's tongue hanging down past his collar!
So anyway, I ordered a camera based on the information you sent, it should be here this week, I expect you'll notice the difference in my pictures immediately, because they will be horrible, but that's OK, practice will make perfect..I'm hoping!!
For all the folks who leave comments about my neat sewing room, I thought I would share this picture for you.
I only prewash my red fabric, and any fabric that I'm going to be mixing with those reds, which meant I had quite a stack of Rouenneries and Rural Jardin fabric to wash.
I did not sew when we moved into this house, but when we move into another house, bannisters like the ones in the above picture will be a must. My sewing room is at the top of the stairs, off to the left, so I use those bannisters all the time. I throw fabric over them after it's pressed but before it's cut and stack it there after its been washed and while it's still damp.
That blue piece of fabric in the picture is really a plastic table cloth, since the fabric was damp I didn't want warp or ruin the stain on the bannister, so I put that down over the bannister first.
That fabric hung like that for at least 3 hours before I got it all pressed and folded.......
I sure am glad company didn't unexpectedly drop by.
I'm still working on Even Bigger Madeline......
Nicole, of Sister's Choice, took the Schnibbles pattern Madeline and enlarged the blocks to make a beautiful quilt. (click here to see it) I took one look at her quilt and decided to do the same. She made a 70 inch square finished quilt, using 5 rows of 5 big Madeline blocks. I decided I wanted to be able to use my quilt on my king size bed and decided to go 7 rows of 7 blocks, giving me an Even Bigger Madeline.
Well here's a picture of all the blocks I could fit on my design wall. I'm combining the reds and lights of Rural Jardin with the creams, grays, salmon and reds of Rouenneries. I love every block I've made.
Print this post
But after I got all these blocks up, I decided my Even Bigger Madeline needed a little something. I thought all those blocks in all those rows would be boring on my bed......so I'm making a change, and hope to have the new and improved Madeline done by the end of the month......stay tuned, there's more to come!!
But the best news of all, I'm loving this project and can hardly keep myself out of my sewing room.....ahhhh, it's a wonderful feeling!!