I squeezed in two Memories of Provence blocks this week.
This is my Block 4
Here's what Block 4 looks like in the pattern. Besides reminding me of a robot's head, it didn't have enough background fabric in the middle and had too much background fabric in the corners for me.
So I used the center of Block 5, made a few changes to the outer section of Block 9, and created my own Block 4.
Here are Blocks 4 and 9, I they look different enough yet have the same feel, a good fit for the overall look of the quilt. Plus they aren't right next to each other in the quilt, I doubt anyone will notice the likeness.
And here is my Block 11, I went with a totally different block from a sampler book that I have.
And here is Block 11 from the pattern.
I just wasn't crazy about Block 11, I think it was the big chunks of green.
My Block 4 has 85 pieces and my Block 11 has 75 pieces, the blocks finish at 12" x 12".
I always enjoy working on at least one block in order to participate in Sinta's BOM Rehab, but with Hallowe'en done I figured this would be a good chance to make the two blocks that I wanted to change before starting on my next project. One MoP block to go, Block 12, I'm not changing it at all, but I'm thinking about changing those setting blocks!
Thanks for all the well wishes and congratulations on reaching my 500th post. I truly am humbled you think enough of my work and my blog to stop by. I hope you hang in there for the next 500.
I need to draw the winners, I'll get that all wrapped up this week.
Stop back by on Halloween to see my finished Hallowe'en 1904.