So here's my latest progress on Hallowe'en 1904 by Blackbird Designs.
For the hsts on this block I went with the same orange fabric and same background fabric for all the pieces.
For the hsts on this block I went scrappy oranges and background fabrics.
For this block I went with the same black and background fabric for the top and bottom and and for the sides the same black and background fabric, but fabric different from the top and bottom.
This is my favorite block so far, the pattern called for all orange hsts but I added a few blacks ones, for a combination of two different oranges, one black, and three different background fabrics.
I've also made all the other star blocks except one. The remaining blocks are going to be scrappy hsts so I need to make a bunch of them before I can move on.
A few folks commented last week that they didn't like that moon and star block, and I have to agree, it's not really one of my favorites either, but I'm leaving it in for now to see if I warm up to it. Nicole isn't using that block in her version, she's going with all pumpkins.
I'm still enjoying this project and it seems to be going super fast!